Friday, September 21, 2012

Is Stephen King a modern Nostradamus?


What!? Posting more than once in a week? Did I just travel though a worm hole and find a secret stash of time at the end of the wormhole rainbow?

Anyway, this is just to let you know that I've just posted a piece about Stephen King's Carrie over at the booksluts. Among other things, I suggest that King is a prophet. Check it out and heckle me! I love heckling!

I'll have a more nit-picky review up here in a week or two . . . but this is the one for you if you want to know how Carrie made me feel.

5 comments:

  1. Read your take on it.
    His writing is not why I haven't read him or even the horror genre.
    It's just him. I mean, lately, it's just him. Prior to lately, it's just been that I've had other things I wanted to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've had much experience with King as a person. Just with his writing, now.

      Delete
    2. Uncle Steve is kind of a pain in the butt. I'll admit that freely.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe you've never read Stephen King before! He's one of my favorite authors and I thought just about everyone had read him, at least when growing up. Anyway, I like King as a person - at least the glimpses you get of the real person. I like when he writes to his (constant) readers, I liked On Writing which in parts were an autobiography and I think he has written many great books (also some really bad ones).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so interesting that so many people talk about having read the dude while growing up, like even before high school. 'Cause he's definitely not a writer for kids.

      When I was a kid, I went to the adult section to pick out things like...David Eddings and Terry Brooks. Pretty innocuous fantasy stuff by comparison. I remember picking up Neuromancer once as a pre-teen, and getting uncomfortable with the content in it. So I guess I was a little bit of a prude? Is it fair to call pre-teens prudes if they don't read adult stuff? I'ma think on that a little.

      Delete